1. SCRATCH MORE, UNLOCK LESS: Have you stopped to think how much you consume industrialized? How many packages do you open per day? These foods often contain sweeteners, preservatives that alter our intestines, the main organ involved in absorbing nutrients. Moreover, industrialized foods are often poor in nutrients. Always prefer the natural: fruits, vegetables (carrots in sticks, cherry tomatoes are great snacks), seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame), nuts (almonds, macadamias, cashew nuts …). And when you need to buy something industrialized always read the list of ingredients, just buy if you know all the ingredients that are on the list!
2. EAT FRUITS AND INCLUDE VEGETABLES IN LUNCH AND DINNER, these foods are very rich in nutrients, phytochemicals and various beneficial compounds for health. Nature is wise and offers us the best ever, if possible always prefer organic to reduce exposure to toxins such as heavy metals present in pesticides.
3. DRINK WATER: Hydration is essential to keep the body functioning properly, important for eliminating toxins through urine, maintaining body temperature, functioning of the intestine, hydration of the skin. The color of urine is an easy way to assess hydration, the clearer the better. Symptoms such as: headache, dry mouth, dry eye, constipation, cramp, lack of energy … may be related to low water consumption.
4. PREPARE AND / OR PROGRAM YOUR FOOD: You are the main person in charge of your food! Face it as a commitment in the beginning, and over time this will be an activity like any other. Leave everything in the most practical way, if you do not like cooking, look for companies that offer ready meals and keep in the refrigerator or freezer, set aside time in your week to go to the market or at the fair, see if anyone can help you in the kitchen in preparation, create alternatives according to your routine!
5. AVOID BELISCAR: Pinching between meals compromises weight loss and alters metabolism, when we eat foods with carbohydrates between meals, from a simple bullet to sugary coffee, glucose metabolism is altered, insulin release occurs at a time when insulin should be at lower levels, causing a greater accumulation of fat, mainly abdominal.
6. VARY the food, try not to eat the same meals every day. This helps in the intake of the various nutrients we need for our health, in addition to preventing the occurrence of food allergies by saturation of the same food. And if the goal is to lose weight is important this variation to give different stimuli to the body.
7. PREFER TO MAKE DINNER BEFORE LANCHE, the nutrient content of a balanced dinner (with protein: chicken, fish, eggs, beans, lentils, seeds, assorted vegetables (raw, cooked and stewed), complex carbohydrates: sweet, yam is infinitely greater than refined and industrialized foods commonly found in snacks such as breads, sausages (turkey breast, ham …), flour and milk products and dairy products.
8. LEARN TO ENJOY THE NATURAL FLAVOR OF FOOD: sugar and sweetener should not be part of the routine. At first it may be difficult to think about making this change, but over time our taste buds evolve and the artificial taste begins to bother. Coffee is one of the drinks I always suggest making this transition, especially for those who consume several times a day, exposing excessively to sugar and sweeteners may increase binge eating, constant hunger sensation, abdominal distension and even intestinal microbiota changes and resistance to insulin.
9. AVOID INGESTION OF LIQUIDS WITH MAJOR MEALS: this habit can impair the digestion of food and generate unpleasant symptoms such as gas, reflux, heartburn, abdominal distension. In addition, caffeinated beverages can compromise the absorption of important nutrients such as calcium and iron.
10. AVOID REFINED FOODS: Foods considered white (bread, sugar, wheat, rice) go through a process that loses the outer film, which contains more nutrients and fibers. In the gut, refined foods favor the growth of pathogenic bacteria (bad) and unbalance our intestinal microbiota. In addition, food rich in refined foods alters our metabolism, increasing glucose, insulin, changing cholesterol levels and collaborating for obesity.
11. MEXA-SE. Seek to include physical activity on a day to day basis or try to have a routine. You do not need to be in the gym to work out, you can try to walk more distances, climb stairs instead of lift, keep up with the average distance you do throughout the day, bike to work, have a weekend with activity free air, are endless possibilities. Just do not stand still!
12.LOOK FOR BALANCE! Learn to recognize the exceptions and do not let them become a rule. If the routine is healthy most of the time, it is worth making exceptions in a few moments, after all eating is also a social act.